• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Canon PIXMA iP4600 offer

bren-escape

Canon are doing a £20 cash back before 13 July 2009 on the Canon PIXMA iP4600 and another one. Not bad if you are after a new printer, just ordered from Amazon at £79 inc free delivery, making it £59.

Just thought I would let people know if you are looking:smashin:.

chrism_scotland

Decent printer?

bren-escape

good reviews for the money. Think the ink is not amazingly cheap at around £40 a set.

Look at the amazon reviews. Think a few on here have it or the ip4500.

Mike.P®

They are also doing £30 cashback on the PIXMA MP620.
I ordered one last week (also from Amazon) and have done a couple of photo prints .. have to say the quality is excellent. :smashin:

Orwella

Canon reduced the ink cartridge capacity on the IP4600 by half, compared to the IP4500 it replaced. If you buy the IP4600, expect to pay the same again every few months to replenish all of the inks.

The older IP4500 is a better option (better built, equal quality, larger ink cartridges) if you can find one.

Spacedeck

Just ordered the iP4600 from Amazon. Hope it wasn't a mistake! And I know the ink is abit expensive but depending on how much you use it will depend on how much it needs changing?

senu

Distinguished Member
I had the 4300 and have had to buy the 4600 when it started playing up..he 4300 uses the same inks as the 450 and I now have one blck unused ink Il have to move on, somehow.
The £20 will come in handy for a new set of inks
The 4500 may have been ace but where can you find a new one?
I dont like the idea of a second hand printer as they are nt that robust anyway and
The MFD with a £30 cashback is also VFM. it is far slower than the 4600 and doesnt have CD printing but with a similar footprint, ( and similar print quality) + Scanner/ Photocopy It isnt bad
I think running Inkjet will always be a case of convenience over cost as they always cost more to Run.. Careful and appoprite use is the key

When you consider the cost = 1 Printer + 1 set of inks, its not too bad and I don't think any of the brands is innocent of the practice of fleecing us via inks.. Compatible and refill services are always needing to play catch up..

Last edited:

Mike.P®

Canon are doing a £20 cash back before 13 July 2009 on the Canon PIXMA iP4600 and another one. Not bad if you are after a new printer, just ordered from Amazon at £79 inc free delivery, making it £59.

Bren, you got your cashback yet?

Mine seem to be taking a while :(

Spacedeck

Help please, it arived this morning and I'm going through setting it up but no USB:mad: What type of USB does it take cause it looks like a big one.

senu

Distinguished Member
Help please, it arived this morning and I'm going through setting it up but no USB:mad:
They never ( ever) come with Cables..:rolleyes:
What type of USB does it take cause it looks like a big one.
It uses a normal bog standard USB cable . nothing fancy
The "Mini "USB cables tend to be for say, MP3 players cameras ect

Spacedeck

Thanks alot. Picked one up today and finally got working with it. Overall I'm very happy with it. Pictures on them Photo Paper Plus Glossy II look amazing. Need to buy some more. And the text I printed was very clear and very easy to read but did find on one page where it was blue background and white text it made it abit harder then usual to read, but yea very happy with this.

Sending for the cashback tomorrow

Last edited:

blueboatdriver

Standard Member
I've just ordered one of these from Amazon to replace my broken HP. It looks like it only ships with one of the black inks but doesn't say which one. Does anyone know which one I need to order. It looks like I'll need to buy a USB cable as well after reading one of the above posts.

Thanks

senu

Distinguished Member
It should ship with all the inks, and
yes no USB cable but they are pretty common and your HP one should be OK..
Did you buy new off Amazon .co .uk or a market place seller ?

blueboatdriver

Standard Member
It should ship with all the inks, and
yes no USB cable but they are pretty common and your HP one should be OK..
Did you buy new off Amazon .co .uk or a market place seller ?

I thought it should come with all the inks but I spotted this in the spec.

Miscellaneous
Consumables Included: 1 x ink tank ( black ) ¦ 1 x ink tank ( cyan ) ¦ 1 x ink tank ( magenta ) ¦ 1 x ink tank ( yellow )

Canon PIXMA iP4600 Printer: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

Oh and thanks for the quick response.

shotokan101

Banned
Miscellaneous
Consumables Included: 1 x ink tank ( black ) ¦ 1 x ink tank ( cyan ) ¦ 1 x ink tank ( magenta ) ¦ 1 x ink tank ( yellow )

To me that reads that you get one of EACH....

Jim

senu

Distinguished Member
Most likely a misprint; You do get all the inks to start with . Im still on my origianl inks .. although I suspect Ill be buying more this weekend but to be fair it has been used a fair bit

senu

Distinguished Member
Mike.P®;10551881 said:
My Canon MP620 came with a USB cable ;)
I guess someone was being generous or it was simply added on as a promotion
It is highly unusual to get a cable with a printer .. or most kit for that matter
The MP620 was also a " top of the range " model so the cable may have reflected that

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom