Canon Photo Sharing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the idea for this thread, because I have a 600d! :p Came from a 20d. Anyway!

1. With Helios 44-2 58mm f2 manual lens. Shot at f2, 1/2500. Not a bad lens.

Tough Stuff by danjama, on Flickr

2. With the kit 18-55. f5.6 and 1/250.

Sunset Over Bowl by danjama, on Flickr

3. The Helios again.

Thames Sunset by danjama, on Flickr

4. The kit lens again. f4 and 1/40.

Overgrowth by danjama, on Flickr

5. This is with an ef 70-210 f4 lens. Love this lens.

BOKEH! by danjama, on Flickr

I'm very impressed by some of the 55-250 shots shown here, considering it's a budget zoom.

The only thing about the 600d that lets me down is the mediocre continuous speed of 3.7fps. Speaking of which, does anyone know how to make sure I'm getting the fastest possible fps? Will it be affected by my shooting mood, in other words is it slower in manual exposure vs AV etc. Couldn't seem to find an answer anywhere online.

I also fitted a grip to make it larger and more comfortable to hold.

Last edited:
Lovely varied set danjama :)

Few landscapes taken with my trusty (now shelved back-up) 450d

I think that's what was meant - he meant "too many threads like it" ;)

...must admit I do tend to agree - or at least see the logic of the argument - despite my heavy involvement in the TZ threads and mini-comps and in fact I've suggested opening that up to other brands :)

Having a brand specific discussion thread for tips etc. is of course a different kettle of fish ;)

Thanks Jim,that what I ment.

Thread about discussion,on specific brands,with tips can be very useful.

But a good photo is a good photo,no matter what brand you use :)

Thanks guys! I really do love this camera.

Simon, us 'rebel' users tend to have inferiority complexes due to our small, inferior cameras. We NEED a thread like this. :p

Excellent landscape photos adrian.

Thanks guys! I really do love this camera.

Simon, us 'rebel' users tend to have inferiority complexes due to our small, inferior cameras. We NEED a thread like this. :p

Excellent landscape photos adrian.

Fair enought :).

The Canon range is very good,seen people with very big cameras,costing into the thousands,take bad photos :)

450D, inverted 50mm lens on the kit lens, playing with my new flash and tripod
img9881o.jpg

Quick snap when on last holiday, Sigma 17-70.
dubailandsacpe.jpg

img7470yn.jpg

The milky way, unfortunatly had to use a rather unsteady tripod when this was taken.
20110427honeymoon1424.jpg

My previous wheels, 70-300mm IS.
20100719img3754.jpg

Simply love the versatility of my 450D :thumbsup:

450D and Sigma 150-500. Contrary to what people say, this lens can be used for closeup shots.

IMG_6637 by killwilly, on Flickr

@Gangzoom ... cracking shots. :thumbsup:

@ Killwilly ... very nice flower shot. :smashin:

Keep 'em coming, guys. :thumbsup:

I like the idea for this thread, because I have a 600d! :p Came from a 20d. Anyway!

1. With Helios 44-2 58mm f2 manual lens. Shot at f2, 1/2500. Not a bad lens.
[URL=http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7026/6716979675_87cc773f9f_b.jpg]image
[/url]
Tough Stuff by danjama, on Flickr

I saw this posted on the Canon Russian lens forum. I like my Helios lens a lot. In fact, there is very little to choose between my Helios 58 and my Zeiss 50, both can be bought for very little money:)

No fair, I can't join in, as even though I'm a Canon user, I have a 7D. Meanies!

I must admit though, the threads shouldn't be so specific. Such as the TZ one, it should be all point and shoot cameras. A lot of threads are too niche. However, don't let the Sony users in! :thumbsup::p:rotfl:

No fair, I can't join in, as even though I'm a Canon user, I have a 7D. Meanies!

You SHOULD be allowed in, Kyle! ;)

I must admit though, the threads shouldn't be so specific. Such as the TZ one, it should be all point and shoot cameras.

I quite like the little TZ group as it is, TBH. There are about a dozen of us and that's a nice number :) I'm not in charge though... :clap:

However, don't let the Sony users in! :thumbsup::p:rotfl:

On that point WE DO AGREE! :clap: :arty: :devil:

Dammit Nick :mad: ... Didn't I tell you that Kyle would only go and raise the ante on this thread? :facepalm: :D

Lovely contribution, Kyle. Love the punch in no.2 in particular. :thumbsup:

Dammit Nick :mad: ... Didn't I tell you that Kyle would only go and raise the ante on this thread? :facepalm: :D

Lovely contribution, Kyle. Love the punch in no.2 in particular. :thumbsup:

Ha ha, sorry Calvin......it's all good for improving though eh? :smashin:

Yeah, they're lovely pics Kyle....that second one is a belter :)

Does anyone here know anything about filters?? I was thinking of 'dipping my toe in the water' as I'd like to do some long exposure shots in daylight.....particularly the 'glass like water surface' and the creamy running water type effect. Is it a neutral density I'm after???

Does anyone here know anything about filters?? I was thinking of 'dipping my toe in the water' as I'd like to do some long exposure shots in daylight.....particularly the 'glass like water surface' and the creamy running water type effect. Is it a neutral density I'm after???

Yep ND8 is I think what's usually recommended or even a "10 stopper" - but you can make do with bit of welding glass for £3 off ebay and correct the colour cast in PP or shoot witha custom White Balance :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom