Canon Photo Sharing Thread Part 3

If that's your pond Paul get some fish in there and they'll clean it up a teat :D

It is, but it's 3x2 feet for tadpoles....

Taken with the 18-55 IS STM on the 70D, here are 3 images from this afternoon - the last one being when of course I didn't have the macro lens with me...

sheep01.jpg

canal01framed.jpg

dam02framed.jpg

Paul.

My wife messaged me at work and asked if I want to go down to the Marina after I finished work on Sunday and she would meet me there with the camera...

marina01.jpg

docks01den.jpg

corm01den.jpg

grebe.jpg

Paul.

A pleasant 3 mile walk with Rachel and Gillian today, and the camera with the Venus macro lens on. Got a few nice macro photo's along the way...

eggs.jpg

alders.jpg

lady2020_01.jpg

lady_larva_2020_02.jpg

lady_larva_2020_03.jpg

lady_larva_2020_01.jpg

a_buzzy_bee_01.jpg

a_buzzy_bee_02.jpg

a_buzzy_bee_03.jpg

soldier_fly.jpg

scorpion_fly_01.jpg

Paul.

Never seen a Scorpionfly.

Never seen a Scorpionfly.

I think a lot of people will have seen one Si, but never realised. Most of us when out walking never give a bug a second glance unless it flies and lands on our arms/coats etc...

Short walk with Gillian and Rachel and with 3 different lens (see in image) got a Brimstone moth, a Wren, and a farming ant with blackfly aphids.

brim1.jpg

wren.jpg

antfarmer.jpg

Paul.

I think a lot of people will have seen one Si, but never realised. Most of us when out walking never give a bug a second glance unless it flies and lands on our arms/coats etc...

Sounds really wrong but I'm a bit of a bug and nature man but never seen one.

Apparently they like to feed off cadavers ☠️

I made my own ring flash diffuser last time I had all my kit, so now I am trying to get the flash diffused the same way.

Similar materials, though like as not, they'll all be different densities from last time, so I am going to trial things.

Need to reduce the two half-rings that ringflashes create.

First attempt tonight - and yes, I clipped the wing of the fly that was trapped and buzzing as it attempted an escape from the spider's sticky strand of web (schoolboy error) but now I have something to work on.

flytest.jpg

Paul.

A Leaf Hopper...

This one is about 6mm to 7mm in size...

Leafhopper_20_2.jpg

Paul.

And this one...

When you sleep with the "Weight of the World on your Shoulders...."

catedittopaz1800smaller.jpg

Paul.

You hand holding Paul?

You hand holding Paul?

No, tripod mounted. This was natural light, and 1/2 second exposure at f/11, ISO 100.

Took a walk with Gillian and Rachel today - took the camera and snapped a few shots, including a lock (down) photo... (see what I did there...?) then a couple of azure blue damselfly images, a 4mm long 1st instar shield bug nymph, and a young robin wanting food, and it's obliging nearby parent with a tasty caterpillar...

frank01.jpg

azure01.jpg

azure02.jpg

Instar01.jpg

Instar02.jpg

robin01.jpg

robin02.jpg

robin03.jpg

robin04.jpg

Paul.

Orange Underwing moth.

I think it is anyway...

moth05_20.jpg

moth02_20.jpg

moth01_20.jpg

Paul.

A Chalcid wasp, sawfies and an Orb Weaver spiderling with prey - 3 varied subjects today...

parawasp01.jpg

parawasp02.jpg

wasp_or_sawfly.jpg

tailend_sawflycrop.jpg

youngorbandprey1800.jpg

Paul.

Rather bedraggled from the rain, but doing fine...

beezee01.jpg

Paul.

There were a few cinnabar caterpillars on the ragwort but as I got into trying to get some good close up images, I discovered my nemesis, one of the insects that always make me shudder...

cin02.jpg

cin01.jpg

headend.jpg

headendcrop.jpg

pincers.jpg

Paul.

Manage a couple of shots of 2 species of hoverfly today.

First up is a pair of mating Eupeodes corollae (Migrant Hoverfly)...

hovtwo2.jpg

hovtwo1.jpg

hovtwo3.jpg

The other one is a female Pellucid Fly - Volucella pellucens.

vol_hover.jpg

Paul.

This is another diffusion attempt: The ringflash fastened (very ugly though) to the trunk of the flash unit, and on the lights is my milk bottle and foam cutout diffusion pieces, and now over the top of that is an A5 piece of Vellum 150gsm paper. In the centre of the ring is silver foil, hopefully helping spread some the light too... maybe...)

It's kinda large, and like I suppose many diffusion ideas/systems, it hides from view what is in front of the lens meaning the viewfinder or screen is the only way of framing your subjects once the camera is in position (more or less as usual of course - but it's harder to line up the subjects initially because you can't see them directly unless you look over the top or top the side of the diffuser).

Diff1-L.jpg

Diff3-L.jpg

Diff4-L.jpg

A couple of interesting examples coming up...

Example 1:

Night time Yale door lock:

Yale_Diffused-XL.jpg

Example 2:

postspider_diffused-XL.jpg

Night time spider on concrete post:

Next up is more interesting...

As we all know, ladybirds can be very problematical...

I'm not saying this is gonna happen like this next time I photograph one, but on these shots, the diffusion looks pretty good (at least on these angles!)

And then it clambered off the dandelion leaf and onto my thumb - where it found something tasty to apparently feed on... I'm guessing the sap from the leaf transferred onto my skin maybe, though I don't know why she might find it worth feeding on... These are the same image, the second one is cropped and rotated.

LB_Diffused_01-X2.jpg

LB_Diffused_02-X2.jpg

LB_Diffused_02a-X2.jpg

Paul.

Saw this on the river, thought it was a twig at first until it started moving!
Taken with R6 and RF 100-500
_94A7758.jpg
_94A7765.jpg

Some action shots from the British SuperBikes testing day at Oulton Park. EOS R6 and RF100-500

1. 294A5348-Enhanced by Mark Harris, on Flickr

2. 294A5363-Enhanced by Mark Harris, on Flickr

3.294A5456-Enhanced by Mark Harris, on Flickr

4. 294A5486 by Mark Harris, on Flickr

5. 294A5563 by Mark Harris, on Flickr

6. 294A5663 by Mark Harris, on Flickr

7. 294A6087-Enhanced by Mark Harris, on Flickr

8. 294A6400-Enhanced by Mark Harris, on Flickr

9. 294A6421-Enhanced by Mark Harris, on Flickr

10. 294A6475-Enhanced by Mark Harris, on Flickr

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom