Canon MVX2i Owners

T

tyrekicker

Hi Folks

Looking for some opinons from owners of the Canon MVX2i.

I am mainly going to be using it for taking video of number 1 daughter to send to rellies email/cd etc..

But will definatley get used for holidays and other stuff, looking for good quality video, stills and portable enough for pocket etc..

Don't really like Sony, memory stick, MicroMV too proprietry. Overpriced also. (sorry sony owners, flame suit on)

Cheers

Andy

The things Ive read about the mvx2i arent too good. And I thought it looked absolutely hideous when I saw it in jessops last week. Horrible dark grey body. And it was also massive for a pocket cam. Honey I blew up the camcorder!
I advise you get a sony pc101e. Its well better than the mvx2i. Only downfall is it doesnt have optical image stabiliser. If you want the flash and the bigger ccd with more pixels, go for the pc120. Its 973 cheapest price. The quality on both sonys will be better than the canons though, and Sony camcorders are least likely to develop any fault. Theyre also packed which much more features than you think. I dont like the micro mv sonys though, I must agree. But I dont mind sony's own memory stick. All memory cards do the same thing.
HTH

Thanks for your reply.

I take it then you do not have an MVX2i or have tried one out?

All the reviews I have read regarding the MVX2i have been very positive!

What reviews have you read that are negative?

How do you know Canon are less reliable than Sony?

Memory stick agreed, it a device but one which is only any use in Sony equipment!

Andy

Thanks for your reply.

I take it then you do not have an MVX2i or have tried one out?

All the reviews I have read regarding the MVX2i have been very positive!

What reviews have you read that are negative?

How do you know Canon are less reliable than Sony?

Memory stick agreed, it a device but one which is only any use in Sony equipment!

Andy

Well its hard to pease that stupid cow Robin Liss. You'll notice she moans about all camcorders she's reviewed. She's probably comparing them to 3 CCD'd broadcast cameras or something.
To conclude she says "In general I’m disappointed with the video quality on the camcorder. The image is very grainy and does not have particularly vibrant colors." but then shortly goes on to say "The Optura 200MC is a good camcorder, I wouldn’t steer everyone away from it."
LOL
If everybody took notice of her reviews, canon would be out of business.
At first I trusted her review which is what steered me off the mvx2i and on to the pc101e. Ive heard great reviews about the pc101e cam from places like T3, but ofcourse, Robin is not impressed with it. So I think its safe to say there's no pleasing her. Ignore her comments and concentrate more on comments from owners of the camcorder.
Whatcamcorder.net have a review on last years version of the mvx2i, and it says pretty good things about it. But perhaps the mvx2i is not the greatest cam in its price range. Personally I wouldnt go for anything other than a Sony and if youve got the money, the pc120 is the best buy. (I've tried it out and its excellent). The mvx2i looks very ugly and bulky in my opinion. It's also missing a few standard things you normally get on other cams.

Well I have got a MVX2i, from letsgodigital.

So far, mixed feelings.
But I don't think thats anything to do with the camcorder, my expectations were higher.

Compared Sony PC120/101 & others at Jessops.
It felt to me less bulky than PC120, could not tell difference in video either.

Easy to use, and sits well in the hand.
So far the video is grainy indoors but I think that is due to artifcial light, outdoors it was stunning.

I cannot hear any motor noise, microphone pants but they all are on this type of cam.

Overall happy.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom