1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Canon MVX25i can't capture

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Harrier, Sep 5, 2005.

1. Harrier

Harrier

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've been capturing and editing from analogue with Studio DC10 Plus version 7.13. Just switched to Canon digital MVX25i. Installed dedicated firewire card which came with 4 to 6 pin connecting lead. Running Win 98SE. When I connect camcorder to computer and switch it on I get message "Please insert disk Win 98 SE CDROM". When I do this, I then get "The file kstvtune.ax on Win 98SE CDROM cannot be found."
    Is this a driver? Canon manual says versions of Windows later than 98 SE have drivers included, but don't say what to do if you have Win 98 SE. I've tried Microsoft downloads for drivers, but can't find anything appropriate. Microsoft says all relevant drivers are installed. Canon don't seem to be much help. Hope there is somebody out there who can come up with a simple answer!