1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Canon Mv830i Motor Noise

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by SHADEPIG, Apr 19, 2005.

1. SHADEPIG

SHADEPIG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just bought an MV830i. Great picture but problem with excessive motor noise recorded onto DV tape. This is most noticeable when recording someone being interviewed in a quiet room, there is a constant background noise which sounds like someone hovering over the microphone using an electric razor.

Have I bought a dud or is this just something you have to put up with on Canon camcorders?

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,389
    No, it's not just your camcorder but just about all the Canon consumer camcorders tend to have this motor noise. Some people tend to not notice it, and others swap the cam for another make as they just can't live with it.

Mark.

3. sdkmway

sdkmway

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I've had mine for just under 2 weeks and have noticed the noise but trying not too if that makes sense. I wonder if I would have noticed it if i hadn't read about it being there! My wife doesn't notice it.

The guy in jessops did say i could take it back within 30days if it proved to be unacceptable. I'm going away for a week next week and will be able to put it through its paces then to see if i can or can't live with the noise. Despite this its a great little camera.

Kev