1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

canon mv800 - need image capture help

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by biagrin, Aug 2, 2005.

1. biagrin

biagrin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have a canon mv800 camcorder. i know the camcorder itself doesnt capture stills but after uploading the video to my pc i still cant find a program that will capture images from the actual video footage.

can anybody help?

any help is greatly appreciated :)

2. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Almost EVERY computer based video editing programme will allow you to capture stills from your video - even the free MovieMaker programme supplied with Windows XP will do it. My personal favourite Ulead VideoStudio has the option to save as .bmp or .jpg, just remember though that they will never be good high quality photographs, but they will be suitable to view on your PC or TV.

3. biagrin

biagrin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thats the problem - ive tried a few such as windows media player but it wont let me capture anything. on any other program it just captures a black screen.

any ideas?

4. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Windows Media player will not let you capture still images but Windows Moviemaker should - just put your video in the timeline - move the cursor along until you have the image you want in the preview screen - then click on the little camera under the preview screen - give it a name and a location - click 'Save' - you should have a picture.