1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Canon MV750i To PC

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by gamala, Oct 3, 2004.

1. gamala

gamala

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Just purchased a Canon MV750i, can anybody let me know if it is possible to copy the Mini Dv Tapes to your pc and then to CD rom, if so what's the easiest way? I'm running XP (SP1) but the PC doesn't seem to recognise that I have the Canon attached.

Many thanks

Gary

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,393
    The only way to connect a camcorder to a PC to download the video at full quality is via firewire.
    If your PC does not have a firewire port it can be added very easily on a PCI card that will slot onto the motherboard and should cost about £10 including the cable to connect between the cam and card.
    For help in getting the video onto CD have a look at the tutorials Here but TBH at under £50 for a DVD burner you really should upgrade to DVD and do your master pieces justice as the results from a CD will be poor compared to what the camcorder can achieve.

Mark.

ps, firewire aka iLink, ieee1394, DV port amoungst others just to help to confuse us all.