Canon MV750i for Capturing Analog Video

C

conorahern

I am thinking about upgrading to a Digial camcorder, I am looking at the Canon MV750i. I have lots of VHS tapes of analog camcorder footage. Has anyone used the MV750i (or other MV700 series) to capture analog footage, and then burn it on to DVD.

If anyone has tried this I would be interested in feedback on the quality of the finished product.

THX.

i have no idea for the anolog subject but ive had a play with the mv730 and my gosh is it fantastic, the zoom i think optical x22 and still has great clarity at the last point of the zoom, man its a fantastic camera, i used to work in pc world and thats the camera i ever played with, i think it has night vision is colour plus it has the best image stabilizer because it has floor lites in between the lens (canons own man made chemical liquid), this is less shaky compared to other cams, also has glass lens unlike other brands that use plastic! also has a chip where when you use image stablilzer, the image is stablized before you start recording unlike other brands where as soon as you start recording, the image stabilizer works afterwards. its a wicked camera!!!!!

got on very well, analog connection from analog camcorder (or video recorder) to digital camera, firewire connection from digital camera to firwire card in the PC, then use pinnacle to capture. I put the digital camera in bypass mode so it just acts as a analog to digital converter, and it worked a treat. I have copied all my old analog footage to DVD, and also put some old video tapes on to DVD.

How did the 'famous' Canon motor noise work out for you? I'm curious because I'm considering a Canon myself.

Have not noticed the motor noise too much to be honest, I got the camera at Christmas, and I can not remember any situation where I took any notice of the noise from the camera, most of the footage I took was of the kids so there was plenty of noise anyway.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom