1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Canon MV750i AV to DV

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by bruckshaw, Jan 10, 2005.

1. bruckshaw

bruckshaw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am OK with capturing from the camcorder to PC and editing and creating DVDs.

I now want to convert my old analogue films to DVD via my MV750i camcorder which has DVin, DVout, AVin and AV to DV conversion.

:lease: The camcorder manual confuses me a little by referring to the supplied SCART adapter as an OUTPUT type and tells me I need an INPUT type. Am I right in thinking this means FROM and TO the camcorder rather than VCR? SCARTS labelled OUTPUT and INPUT in the shops usually mean with respect to the VCR.

:lease: The second question is will the camcorder record on to its own tape as DV when fed with a AV input from the VCR?

2. parkender

parkender

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I too am confused by this (see MV730i thread in this forum). According to the manual the Scart adapter supplied with the Camcorder is an Output Scart only (from Camcorder to video/TV) ,if converting the signal the other way (from TV/Video into Camcorder) a separate Scart adapter (2 way) needs to be purchased. However I don't use the Scart adapter to output Digital Video to my TV, just the normal R,Y,W phono plugs via my video recorder - is there a way to connect up via these from the back of your TV to the AV IN on your Camcorder?

3. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,381
    Save yourself a lot of headaches trying to work out which direction adapter you need and get one that can work in both directions. Something like This will do that!

Some camcorders will do the A>D conversion and output directly over the DV port, but you should be able to record to DV tape as well. Other camcorders require you to record to the DV tape first and then play back for DV output.

Mark.

4. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,381
    Only if your TV or VCR have the red/white & yellow phono outputs and not just inputs. Otherwise buy the converter I linked to above.

Mark.

5. bruckshaw

bruckshaw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Mark. The gizmo is about £12 at the local M.pl.n shop.

I wonder why the camcorder manual indicates output to a second camcorder but does not mention recording to the DV tape?

6. parkender

parkender

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Mark

I'll have a play tonight and see what I can produce.

7. sjdigital

sjdigital
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've been thinking of buying an MV750i for exactly this purpose (capturing analogue tapes to DVD) and would be very interested to hear how you guys got on. And does the 750i have analgoue to digital pass through, or do you have to record to Min DV tape first?

8. bruckshaw

bruckshaw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The MV750i does have a pass through and the manual describes how to use the camcorder to record from TV or VCR through the MV750i and into a second camera.