1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Canon mv730i Analogue video to Digital Video transfer

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by parkender, Jan 10, 2005.

1. parkender

parkender

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all

I want to connect an analogue Sony Camcorder to my Canon MV730i Mini DV digital camcorder (this camera has Analogue to Digital converter) so I can convert Analogue video to digital and then record via firewire on to DVD via my DVD Recorder. What is the best way to do this as I’ve read the manual and it is somewhat confusing – the Sony camcorder has an AV socket and also the Canon has an AV socket. The leads supplied only give me an AV plug out from the Canon with 3 wires on the other end (R,Y,W) for connection to TV/Video. Can I just buy a lead with an AV plug on both ends and connect between the 2 cameras to record onto Mini DV tape and then transfer via firewire from Mini DV to DVD?

Confused.

2. DigiStuff

DigiStuff
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi,

Not sure if I have seen the cable you need off the shelf so give these guys a try, www.keene.co.uk and you should need a 3.5mm AV Jack - 3.5mm AV Jack. Thats if both your camcorders are off the 3.5mm AV socket types, which I think they are!!

Failing that you will need to connect the phonos together to make the connection..

Hope this helps!

DigiStuff

3. parkender

parkender

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers - I 'll try and get hold of that lead if possible - I suppose in an ideal world I would find an actual shop that sells them and test the connection out with both cameras before buying.

Thanks

4. rocketroger

rocketroger
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HI

Ive just got myself a CANON MV730i Didital camcorder and its great, ive been messing about with for a few days and have made a video of the kids messing about in the local park, ive recorded the contents onto a blank dvd-r, but it is not showing the date and time, when i was recording it showed the date and time in the lower left corner, How do i get the date and time to be recorded ? any help will be most helpful.