1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Canon MV630i problems

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by smythc, May 9, 2005.

1. smythc

smythc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

Im new and have a question about my Canon MV630i, i want to be able to stream my recording onto my PC, however the software that came with it tries to take the video footage from the memory card. The card is only 8MB and this model doesn't allow me to record video to the card anyway.

Does anyone know if i can put the video onto my PC ???

Thanks

Colm

2. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds like your trying to transfer your video using the USB connection - IF - IF - IF you do manage to do that you will be very disappointed with the quality of the results - The only way for good quality video transfer from camera to PC is by firewire - then it's very easy.

If you have firewire ports on your PC then get yourself a standard 4pin to 6 pin firewire cable, if you do not have firewire ports YOU can quickly and easily fit a card with them on - it will cost you less than £15 including the necessary cable.

You will also need some capture/editing software - if you have Windows XP you will also have Windows MovieMaker - try that first.