1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CANON MV630i £399 !!!

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Sharkey, Jan 3, 2004.

1. Sharkey

Sharkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Dixons are selling this canon MV630I for £399 voucher price.
    Has anyone any experiance of this cam? does it suffer noise probs as did the 600i.?

£200 pounds off!!!

Any advice welcome.

2. virgola

virgola

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, sound issue , I'm sorry, I must add that it's also veeeery weeaakkkk in lowlight : you get grainy images indoors if the scene is not well enlightened

3. Sharkey

Sharkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks Virg.

Any more views on this anybody?

4. JohnX

JohnX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bought this camera from the canon outlet from ebay-supposed to be refurbished but looks unused.
    There is a definite problem with low light shooting-very grainy pictures.also it seems to momentarily loose focus, very slightly but only for a second or so.
    Bought this for £210 but think should have spent a bit more and bought a Sony.

5. cerebros

cerebros

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    My advice - don't bother with Dixons. Use a price comparison price like Kelkoo and you can find Canon's current range of camcorders (which are 2 generations on from the MV630i) for far less.

For example, MV830i for £302 (and that's including delivery)

If you've got £400 to burn, take a gander through the price comparison sites and you'll get a much better camcorder for your money (or save yourself £100 for a nice meal for your significant other)

6. Uzey

Uzey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Personally wouldn't touch Canon camcorders! Mine and about 5 zillion others have experienced the dreaded 'Remove Cassette' fault just after the warranty expires and Canon want a fixed price of £144 to fix it even though it's hardly used. VERY common on Canons! Plus the fact that just about every model they make suffers the 'motor noise' design fault means that you really should steer clear!