1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Canon MV600i Not Charging

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Swindle, Jun 14, 2005.

1. Swindle

Swindle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I Have a Canon MV600i Digital Camcorder which is just under 2 years old. It has just decided to not charge the battery. I have replaced the fuse in the charger, but that has not solved the problem. The red charge light that should come on to show it is charging does not light up. When I remove the battery, and try to use from the mains supply, the screen lights up for a few seconds, and then goes dark. Have never had a problem with it before, and like always, family holiday is just around the corner, so would like to get the problem solved ASAP. Just a thought, would replacing the small back up battery make a difference?

I would be most grateful if someone could shed any light on this problem

2. ad47uk

ad47uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I am not sure, but it sounds as if the charger itself have gone belly up. If you can get hold of a multimeter, you can test the output and see if it is putting out what it should.