1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Canon MV600 Failures

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by ntitanium, Aug 25, 2005.

1. ntitanium

ntitanium

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I have a 2 year old Canon MV600 that suddenly displays a strange image on the LCD panel and in the searchfinder. This only happens in record/camera mode. Tapeplayback works fine and has no problems with earlier made film.

My local shop told me that they don't know what it is and that i can repair it for 170 Euro's ($ 216,50) at Canon.

Anyone here that knows what failure this is and how this can happen, and maybe know a solution to repair it.

I have a image available at the following address:
    http://people.zeelandnet.nl/rjbusje/IMG_4150.jpg

2. Roy Mallard

Roy Mallard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Scroll down to the canon mv600 thread...

3. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,381
    The thread that Roy has mentioned is a fast moving thread, and gets new replies several times a day. It is therefore nearly always close to the top of this section of the forum, but just in case you don't see it Here is a direct link!.
    The good news is that if you have the failed CCD problem then Canon UK are repairing the camcorders free of charge :thumbsup: , but if it does turn out to be another problem then out of warrenty repairs are chargeable :thumbsdow

Mark.