1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Canon mv500i or mv550i + where to buy

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by onzey, Sep 21, 2002.

1. onzey

onzey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi. I am new to this forum and looking to buy first ever camcorder.
    I have virtually decided on either MV500i or MV550i. I read somewhere that 550i has better optics. Does anyone know if this means just an extra x4 on zoom or is there significant improvement overall? What do users think of these camcorders?Also I know from searching that people seem to rate letsgodigital as a good supplier, how about pixmania? (cheaper).:confused:

2. Budgie

Budgie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    Its only a personal opinion, but I do not like the Canon 5xx cams. I bought a 550i from LetsGoDigital, and was VERY disapointed with the amount of mechanical noise piced up by the microphone (or electronics). During quiet pasages, there is a very iritating buzzing that is clearly audible... my wife noticed it immediately, and she is not very interested in the subject... her words were "I cant put up with that all the time!".
    I was very glad I bought it from LetGODigital, as they were very happy to accept it back and gave me a complete refund ... I've since bought a Panasonic NV-GX7B, from LetsGODigital, and I'm very happy with this one... I think its a much better cam, and its not a lot more expensive.

Hope this helps... if you want to know more, drop me an e-mail.

3. onzey

onzey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Many thanks Budgie for your reply. I too was put off the Canon models in the end. Didn't actually try one but read reports about recorded noise after searching around the web. Ended up buying a Panasonic as well - the NV-DS38.