Canon MV400 Firewire output prob

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by realitybites, Feb 12, 2004.

1. realitybites

realitybites
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have been trying to copy some home dv tapes onto my Philips DVDR-75 without success. I have also tried outputting from my Canon to my PC via firewire but it is not recognised. The fault could be with the camcorder or cable . Is there anyway to try to eliminate the culprit with the equipment above. Camcorder is firewire out only, DVD rec firewire in only.
    cheers

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,441
    When you can buy a firewire cable for about £5 I would suggest getting one to try first. If that still does not work then the chances are you have a problem with the camcorder (and a spare firewire cable once cam has been repaired)

Mark.

3. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you've got a friend with a working system it might be a good idea to pop your camera round and try it on their system. if yours doesn't work and theirs does it's likely to be your camera.

Also - just checking - you are trying with the camera in 'VCR' mode ???

4. realitybites

realitybites
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for ideas, have bought a new firewire cable 4 pin to 4 pin that works on my pc but I get nothing on my dvd recorder. Looks like it was the cable and the dvd recorder.