1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Canon MV400 chewing up tapes

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by realitybites, Jul 12, 2004.

1. realitybites

realitybites
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone help, I have a Canon MV400 which has a total usage of approx 60 hours since I bought it 3 years ago. On one of the rare occasions I have used it, it started to chew up my DV tapes. If I try to rewind or fast forward it will oblige for a minute or so then I get in red writing REMOVE CASSETTE, ONLY TO FIND IT HAS BECOME ENTANGLED IN THE PINCH ROLLER AND ALL THE ASSOCIATED GUBBINS INSIDE. I thought it might have been the tapes (Panasonic) but after using a few more I have put it down to the camcorder. Has anyone else experienced this and would it be an expensive fix if need be.
    Thanks

2. chalkdust

chalkdust

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Only a thought, but have you tried cleaning the heads with a cleaner, or getting to it with some Isoprol alcohol. When you say chewing up the tape, I think it may be that the unit is not taking up the slack on the cassete and leaving it behind in your canon. Think I saw a similar post a while back but cannot remember the outcome.