1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Canon MV20 DV OUT FAULT?

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Richard Paul, Sep 28, 2004.

1. Richard Paul

Richard Paul

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    An otherwise perfect if a little old now MV20 has developed a DV out signal fault - only evident when transferring via DV OUT using firewire/card to PC has always worked before - checked the obvious replaced fire wire cable used a second PC / firewire card etc - same problem on both. PC XP Pro SP2 regonises canon device connects but the digital image is heavily broken/pixelated unusable - CAN ANY ONE ADVISE PLEASE similar experiences?

Thanks

Richard

2. Richard Paul

Richard Paul

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok no one has experienced this problem but can anyone recommend a trusted repairer for my poor Canon? I guess a problem on DV circuit board/capacitor or something technical!

Richard

3. colinm666

colinm666

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just had the same happen to mine. Have you tried activating DV out using the hack with the remote.

Colin :oops:

4. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I also note you say you have XP-SP2 Richard - has this only started happening since you installed SP2 ? - may not be your camera thats at fault.

5. afeliciello

afeliciello

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have had the same problem with my MV20. My dad's JVC on the same PC works fine though. Unfortunatly it is a new PC and I never tried editing whilst XP SP1 was in place.

Have you worked round hte problem now?

6. akruyff

akruyff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I started to capture my vacation recordings yesterday and could not capture. Adobe Premiere pro gave the message 'no frames captured' en shut down with an error. Although the movie played fine on the mv20-display, only the first frame was captured, very distorted and blocky.
    Capturing with Windows Movie maker does not shut down and captures something that should be the movie, but are only some more frames with the same blockiness and distortions.

Windows XP sp2 is mentioned as a possible source of the problem, it could be, because I installed SP2 just after my vacation.

Is there anybody with hints for a solution or has my camera died with the same hardware failure as the others?????

7. akruyff

akruyff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    At http://www.camcorderinfo.com/bbs/t104444.html I found the recommedation to restore the 1394 drivers from SP1, from the directory \windows\driver cache\i386\sp1.cab in directory \windows\system32\drivers. After restarting the computer and trying to capture a video, I still get no results. The camcorder starts and stops and plays correctly on the display, but the captured file cannot be played back, in Windows movie maker, it showes only the first distorted frame and when I try to play with BSplayer I get the message "unknown file format".

Are there more tips to try???? :lease:

8. akruyff

akruyff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :clap: If you replace MSDV.sys with the one in Driver.cab from SP1 and you uninstall your camcorder and you restart your computer then Movie Maker and Premiere pro work again!!! :clap:

9. IBB

IBB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How can I replace MSDV.sys with the one in Driver.cab?

When I delete my MSDV.sys from C:\Windows\system 32\drivers and I replace it with the one from a previous version the system automatically
    returns in it's old position and replaces the MSDV.sys from SP2 that doesn't work.