1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Canon MV 700 - power on problems

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Jim Gronk, May 8, 2005.

1. Jim Gronk

Jim Gronk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi folks, my first post here (people always say that when they've just joined a forum...) :D

I've done a couple of searches for info about this problem, both on this forum and the web in general, and come up blank so here goes.

I have a Canon MV 700 Mini-DV camcorder for around 7-8 months and up until 3 weeks ago it has performed without a hitch.

However of late it has suddenly started refusing to switch on. When the operator flips the switch to either "play" or "record" modes - nothing happens. No sign of life, not even the customary beep. Even when switched to "off", popping the tape-loader open usually ejects the tape, but when it "decides" to have one of these "episodes" - nothing. No bleep, no eject, not an electronic sausage.

So far we have tried taking the battery off and then replacing it, swapping the battery for a different one, but to no avail. The only way to get it working again is to simply keep switching it on, then off, then on again until it finally beeps.

Incidentally, once it's working it performs absolutely as normal! :confused:

So, does anyone have any experience of this? Sod's Law has dictated that the camera has had "dying episodes" on two extremely badly-timed occasions. :( Should we simply take the sucker back where we bought it?

2. DigiStuff

DigiStuff
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi,

Best advice I can give is to give Canon a call on 08705 143 723 during office hours. They should be able to tell you if it needs looking at or not!!

Hope you get it sorted!

DigiStuff

3. Jim Gronk

Jim Gronk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that DigiStuff!

I will give it a whirl and let the Forum know of the outcome...

Jim