1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Canon MV 6i MC camcorder

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by tinkerbell44, Aug 29, 2005.

1. tinkerbell44

tinkerbell44

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Whilst using my camcorder last week I managed to remove the images when recording from the LCD screen. I must have pressed some effect buttons without knowing what I was actually doing. Please can someone help to get this back. Now when looking through the viewfinder to record a movie the images are blurred and colourless, there are loads of vertical stripes. I must have certainly messed up the settings. I hope its not the dreaded black screen problem. Please help

2. Greenbag

Greenbag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi tinkerbell44

When you say you have lost the images what exactly do you mean by this? Are you talking about the onscreen menu or images saved as photos on the camera card? When you are looking through the viewfinder it sounds like the dopter adjustment ring/slider has been moves. This allows you and other to set the sharpness of the image seen in the viewfinder to suit your own particular eyesight. Try to locate this adjustment and try moving it while looking into the viewfinder. This is only a guess but is your viewfinder meant to display images in black and white? Tell us more about the vertical stripes you are seeing. Are they there all the time? Or only when the camera is pointed at certain types of light sources? More details please.

3. tinkerbell44

tinkerbell44

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Greenbag

Sometimes when the camcorder hasn't been used the images in record mode are blurred, distorted and colourless. On most occasions there appears to be vertical blue/green and yellow lines and a white horizontal line through the middle. The lcd screen is bright white. When playing a recorded tape the images via the viewfinder are fine but do not play at all on the LCD screen. I adjusted the little button to alter the eyesight and this has made no difference.

Cheers :rolleyes: