Canon MPC200 Vista Compatibility / New Printer Recommendations (Upto £150)

Discussion in 'Computer Peripherals & Consumables' started by Rasczak, Sep 19, 2007.

1. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,421
    I have a Canon MPC200 All In One Device (Scanner/Printer/Memory Card Reader) that I am trying to get working with Vista 32bit. Unfortunately I am not having much luck.

Because of the age of the printer Canon don't seem to be offering Vista drivers and, unfortunately, the XP ones do not work. During the install procedure the software refuses to acknowledge the printer is attached and on (it is and recognised by Windows). The default drivers will allow me to use the card reader element of the machine but not the scanner or printer. In reality it is only the latter that I am concerned about. If anyone has any workarounds I'd be keen to hear them!

Failing that can anyone recommend a reasonable colour printer for a budget of around £150? Ideally I'd like an ethernet connection so all my PCs can benefit and Vista 32bit/64bit compatibility is a must. I don't do massive amounts of printing - maybe the odd photo and Word documents - but I'd like it to do a reasonable job.