Canon Legria/Vixia HF200 SDHC-card

Jan Fredrik

Novice Member
Hello
I know this is an old camera, but it is not bad. Audio in , headphone out and a lot of manual control.
The problem is it does not accept class 10 cards for HD recording, so you can`t record on HD settings. I know there is a firmware uppdate, but it is going to cost me more than the camera did. Canon site says you can record HD with class 4 and 6 cards. I have tried ScanDisc class 4, but it does not work. Have anyone succseeded with any SDHC card? Maybe class 6? (wich is difficult to find here in Norway).

Regards
Jan Fredrik

stearman65

I have an HD security camera & it won't take 16GB cards. Try 8 & keep your fingers crossed. But format it in the camera not the PC.

stearman65

Depends what you are using the results for & what you are taking. If it's fast action stuff a higher class is best. For the cost of a small card it's worth a try.

Emerton

The OP is correct. The HF200 firmware throws up an error message if the card is not Class 4 or 6, regardless of capacity, although mine has worked with Class 10, simply by ignoring the message (although I wouldn't recommend it). If a card is formatted ('initialized' in Canon speak) and the write protect switch is off (up), it must be down to a fault, either the card or cam.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom