1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

canon ixus 700

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by loofer, Aug 30, 2005.

1. loofer

loofer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Does anyone have any experience of this camera? i'm looking for something small with good resolution but most importantly a good shutter reaction, i hate taking digital pictures at parties where you always miss the juicy stuff waiting for the camera to react. Is it a quick camera in that respect?

2. etaf

etaf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    most compacts will have a shutter lag - time delay - usually due to the time the camera takes to focus.
    also canon is releasing 9 new digital cameras - you may want to look at those two.

3. maxl

maxl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    According to a couple of online retailers the Canon Ixus 750 is due out from the 1st September. When I called Canon they suggested October/November. I will see what the price is like when it is finally released however hopefully the 700 will come down in price.

Gpx.

4. etaf

etaf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
  5. explicitlyrics

explicitlyrics

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    I have just ordered an Ixus 700 which should come tomorrow or the day after. it has very little/no noticeable shutter lag (I think they said 0.007seconds in the review). The Ixus 750 adds nothing that I would really want, combined with a slightly shorter battery life due to the larger screen and same battery. Thus I ordered the 700, plus I am going to OZ on monday for 3 weeks so need a camera soon. ALSO, I am a diver so this influenced me, the Ixus 700 underwater case (up to 40m) is only £119 from Amazon compared to the 750 probably being £160.

6. miniman

miniman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I have the Ixus 700 and it is my first digital camera. I have not had any problems with it and have taken some good photos. I have tried the camera against my works 5mp fuji and it blows the fujis pic's clean out of the water. I have bought the underwater case for it, but have yet to use it. Love the size, pics and accessories and can't wait to try it out at the great barrier reef at christmas.

explicitlyrics would you let me know how you get on the the camera and case when you go to oz :lease: , as I have never been diving before (I do a weeks course when I get to palm cove) and I would be interested on how you get on (some pics would be nice).

7. loofer

loofer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    thanks for the feedback guys, 0.007secs seems good enough to me :)

8. explicitlyrics

explicitlyrics

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    I am only an Adavanced Underwater diver, sounds good but its only 50 or so dives. Though I have been to the Maldives a few times which were very beautiful. Anyway if you PM me about the 20-25th of September I should have enough time to give you any tips and maybe send some pictures (good places) before I go to uni. I am going to the Whitsundays and Fraser Island, where abouts are you going?

I only hope my camera case comes before the weekend, if it comes on monday it will be a very close call if it comes in time!!!!! Leave the house at 9am!

9. miniman

miniman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    explicitlyrics you are cutting it a bit fine, but amazon are normally quite good with deliveries. Thanks for the offer I will pm you at the end of september. We start the dive course at cairns (2 days in a pool) and travel out for 3 nights on the boat, taking in Pellowe Reef, Milln Reef, Thetford Reef, Flynn Reef doing a total of 9 dives. Good luck with your trip and I hope everything arrives on time.

10. explicitlyrics

explicitlyrics

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Unfortunately they have just told me they are completely unable to get the case anytime soon. They have given me a £10 off voucher so I will wait and see if it comes eventually, given nowhere seems to stock them at the moment I am in no rush (as I cant get it in time for holiday). So thats a big pain in the backside but I will just have to use it even more when on holiday elsewhere!

11. miniman

miniman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Sorry to hear about that. At least you should be able hire cameras on your dive. Have you tried these: http://www.egears.co.uk/pd_canon_wpdc70.cfm for the case and if you are flying into dubai why not pick up an ixus from the duty free?

12. explicitlyrics

explicitlyrics

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    I got the camera for £265 including a 2year warranty and next day delivery from Pixmania.co.uk so thats sorted. With the discount amazon offered me, I got the underwater housing (WP-DC70) for £105 all inc, I doubt I will beat that, so I will just put up with the wait I think and maybe find a camera bag for snorkelling (£20ish). Just need a cheap 1gb SD card now.... Money matters to me being a student so would prefer a little wait and good deal..... :p :)

13. miniman

miniman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Good luck with the holiday and you never know you may find the case cheap while you are out there.

14. shoehorn

shoehorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Case in stock here - I've used these guys and they are good... (£35 more than your price though... :thumbsdow )
    - might be worth callling them and letting them know about the amazon price - you never know......