Canon ix4000 paper jam

Discussion in 'Computer Peripherals & Consumables' started by barrykap, Dec 7, 2011.

1. barrykap

barrykap

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I am annoyed.

I bought a Canon ix4000 printer not too long ago (but out of warrantee now). Only two months ago I bought a brand new head for and at the same time bought a CISS for it. At first no probs, performed as before. Although I don't use it very often I needed reliability and quality when I call upon it.

Yesterday I was printing the second of an A4 photo and it suddenly stopped printing before the second print was about to start. With the error lamp flashing 3 times. Obviously indicating paper jam. But nothing at all was physically causing the jam and subsequently I have tried many things to clear it without success, including completely uninstalling the driver and re-installing etc. It just will not move from this error. If I continually press the 'resume' button, it will slightly inch the paper down for about four attempts, then will stay there without any further inching. Then I have pull the paper back out, risking a tear.

According to a manual I downloaded it is a fault in the 'PS feed sensor'. Has anyone had this trouble before and has cleared it?

Thanks for any advice.