Canon ix4000 paper jam

barrykap

Established Member
Reaction score
I am annoyed.

I bought a Canon ix4000 printer not too long ago (but out of warrantee now). Only two months ago I bought a brand new head for and at the same time bought a CISS for it. At first no probs, performed as before. Although I don't use it very often I needed reliability and quality when I call upon it.

Yesterday I was printing the second of an A4 photo and it suddenly stopped printing before the second print was about to start. With the error lamp flashing 3 times. Obviously indicating paper jam. But nothing at all was physically causing the jam and subsequently I have tried many things to clear it without success, including completely uninstalling the driver and re-installing etc. It just will not move from this error. If I continually press the 'resume' button, it will slightly inch the paper down for about four attempts, then will stay there without any further inching. Then I have pull the paper back out, risking a tear.

According to a manual I downloaded it is a fault in the 'PS feed sensor'. Has anyone had this trouble before and has cleared it?

Thanks for any advice.

The latest video from AVForums

StormAudio ISR Fusion 20 AV Receiver - review coming soon #HomeCinema #Amplifier #VideoShort
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom