• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Canon HV20 is it worth buying for £350 ?

forestfan

Standard Member
Hi

I am a complete novice to camcorders, I am trying to buy a High Def camcorder, Ive noticed a number of DVD based HD camcorders going cheap, however DVD is not the way forward with HD so what is?

I have seen the Canon HV20 for £350 is it worth buying for that or does the mini DV have a poor future as well?

I need to keep my budget to a max of £400 so if the above is no good please recommend something for me.

I apreciate any help thanks

A n d r e w

It may have been superseded by the HV30 and the forthcoming HV40, but it's still the one I'd get for that money. You'll get equivalent picture quality from something like the Canon HF100, but it's another 150 nicker.

forestfan

Standard Member
Thanks A n d r e w

So for the money this woud be a good buy compared with the panasonic and sony hard disk/flash types, does have superior componets/lens than the new gen?
I guess the DV tapes are still freely available so fairly future proof.

forestfan

Standard Member
Hi azzin

Too late they have all gone as I was putting the order down they sold out last night :suicide: ahh well it is better to research and ask even at a bargain price its still a lot of money if it isn't right.

It was jacobs digital

Thanks for the help

looks like a HG or HF now

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom