Canon HG10 Editing Software & Playback Programs?

Berty77

Standard Member
Hi Everyone

I need your help. I bought a Canon HG10 and have started using the software that came with it. Thing is the playback software is rubbish and the editing software is pretty basic. Is there anything anyone can recommend for playback and editing that I can either download or pay for? I basically want to make CD's with movies and pictures with sound backing, also have a decent program for watching them back on.

Thanks in advance :lease:

Berty

senu

Distinguished Member
Hi Everyone

I need your help. I bought a Canon HG10 and have started using the software that came with it. Thing is the playback software is rubbish and the editing software is pretty basic. Is there anything anyone can recommend for playback and editing that I can either download or pay for? I basically want to make CD's with movies and pictures with sound backing, also have a decent program for watching them back on.

Thanks in advance :lease:

Berty
The HG 10 does AVCHD . I had it for 3 months ( trialled it) found it really nice ( that was a long while ago though)

Its software is usable TBH even if basic , Is your hardware up to it?

Editing Software: All the current Video editing programs can edit its files ( just do a search on AVCHD editing software here;it has been discussed a few times and I think there is an old entry in the FAQ)

Also for playback you can download for free
MPC-HC
or
SPLASH

I dont know what type of PC you have but hopefully it is a modern C2D processor and above with a decent amt of RAM but most impt would be an ATI or Nvidia graphics car capable of Hardware decode of h.264/ AVC files
AI call thier aviva and nvidia Pure video HD : these simply off load the work to the GPU from the CPU and make light work of playback

Finally how do you intend to playback the files?
You mention CD.. That isnt really a playback option for either Hi def or SD playback
The bundled Ulead software ( or its full version) can help you along the way to make either AVCHD discs ( playable in a BD player) or normal DVDs

Last edited:

Berty77

Standard Member
The HG 10 does AVCHD . I had it for 3 months ( trialled it) found it really nice ( that was a long while ago though)

Its software is usable TBH even if basic , Is your hardware up to it?

Editning Software: All the current Video editing programs can edit its files ( just do a serach on AVCHD editng software here;it has been discused a few times and I thin thre is an old entry in the FAQ)

Also for playback you can download for free
MPC-HC
or
SPLASH

I dont know what type of PC you have but hopefully it is a modern C2D processor and above with a decent amt of RAM but most impt would be an ATI or Nvidia graphics car capable of Hardware decode of h.264/ AVC files
AI call thier avai and nvidia Pure video HD : these simple off load the work to the GPU from the CPU and make light work of playback

Finally how do you intend to playback the files?
You mention CD.. That isnt really a playback option for either Hi def or SD playback
The bundled Ulead software ( or its full version) can help you along the way to make either AVCHD discs ( playable in a BD player) or normal DVDs
OK I have an Intel core 2 duo 2GHz - 2gb of RAM
Running 32bit vista
Nvidia GeForce 8800 graphics card
Sound blaster sound card
Is that any good to run any programs? i have installed adobe premiere elements 7 but the video play back is framie?
Any ideas
Berty

senu

Distinguished Member
OK I have an Intel core 2 duo 2GHz - 2gb of RAM
Running 32bit vista
Nvidia GeForce 8800 graphics card
Sound blaster sound card
Is that any good to run any programs? i have installed adobe premiere elements 7 but the video play back is framie?
Any ideas
Berty
The " framie" preview playback within Premiere Elements is not a true indicator of ease of playback though
As Splash as proved
Editing does require more and although you can edit with your PC , more is better: RAM and more powerful processor, in fact i7 is the sweet sopt although Quadcore PCs are fine.
However Premier Elements 7 is not kind to modest amounts of RAM and Vegas might run better
My Copy of Elements crashes with 4Gb RAM and a Q6600 . I know of a registry tweak to get round this but haven tried it yet as the Ver 8 trial is working OK and Vegas 8 Pro is doing me fine.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom