CANON HG10 does not switch on

I

inca

Hi. I'm a newbie to AV in general so bear with me. I recently purchased a Canon HG10 camcorder during a trip in the US (I live in Ireland). I tried it while in the US and it worked fine. When I got it back to Ireland. Worked fine on the remaining charge from my trip. I recharged the same battery again. All seemed to go well - flashing light while charging and constant light when charged. Following day I tried to switch the camcorder on and it wouldn't switch on. Thought it might be a problem with the battery pack so I pulled out a (never previously charged) spare that I had bought new in the US and tried to charge it - no flashing charging light - nothing. The camcorder is completely dead. I've read and re-read the user manual and I'm sure I'm following the instructions. Is there something I'm missing? Faulty power adaptor perhaps? Then again why doesn't it switch on with the fully charged battery installed? I'm at a loss. I'm using a normal US->GB plug adaptor. Local voltage is 240V. Just want to make sure I'm not missing anything before attempting to return it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The only thing I can think of is the battery is not seated in the housing properly.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom