Canon HF100 £299.97 at Currys

swannie

Established Member
Reaction score
After much time, research and advice from members on here I have finally bought my new camcorder !!

I found a Canon HF100 in Currys at £299.97, which was ex demonstration, but not on the public side of the counter, so still in perfect condition.

I believe that this is now the national price for Currys, assuming you can find one of the last ones around !!

Hope this helps somebody, at this price I believe its great value.

Thanks for the info, I went to camden, and got the last one, demo though, but still good.

do you have the product code?

I picked one up in Kendal this afternoon (after reading this). Mine's sealed, but there's one display (behind counter) one left.

Product code: 0000203571
£299.97
CANON HF100 HDDCAM

Quite a good range of "last one left" clearance models - a number of JVCs at £99 - didn't note the model (s)

Last edited:
hi
just bought one for 299£ and took afive year warranty for 69£ at Uddingston!:thumbsup:
cheers

Well I just tried Edinburgh Craigleith who were showing one on their system, but when I got to the store they couldn't find it!?

Said the closest available were in Dundee or Airdrie, but after phoning both they say they don't have any.

Shame as it's such a good deal.

Brian

Last edited:
just got mine from wednesbury, they claimed Tamworth have stock and also Birmingham bristol road.

swannie - Many thanks mate. Just picked up the last one at Brentwood for £299.97. :thumbsup:

This really is a super deal, for what is a full HD camcorder. For those that are interested, there is still one left in the Enfield and Gravesend branches.

It came just in time for me as my last MiniDv camcorder recently broke down and my wife gave birth a week ago, so I was getting hassle to get a new one!

:arty:

Thanks - just picked up the last new, boxed model at Chesterfield. They have a display one left.

Didn't have any left in Sheffield but was worth the short trip into Derbyshire!

So I've been to 2 Curry's today....the first was very helpful even though no stock and showed me all the Currys that DID have stock. The second was where I bought a camera for half the price I'd found on the net. Strange!

finally got one!

Was working in Glasgow yesterday so tried Curry's Airdrie. They do have one, but can't find the box or any accessories.

They did clarify that it wasn't Curry's store in Dundee that had one, it was a Curry's Digital (ex Dixons?) in Dundee city centre. Phoned them and they confirmed that they had a display model (in a cabinet, not public display).

So picked it up this morning and very pleased with it. A real bargain. thanks

Brian

Thanks again to the OP and those who've helped me make a decision. Finally picked one of these babies up from Bristol. They'd lost the power supply :( but eventually found it :)

There are one or two left in the SW - Weston Super Mare apparently.

Now I just need to work out how to use it properly.

If anyone's after a compact case for the HF100, I picked up a LowePro Clips 110 from Amazon for £10.99 delivered. It has pockets at either end (suitable for memory cards), a zip pouch on the front which you could use for the video cables and a well padded central section which is just a touch longer than the cam.

Thanks guys!

I just picked up what seems to be the last HF100 in Northern Ireland for £299.
Charger went missing but still amazing deal!
I had HF10 previously which I had to return and I swapped for Sony SR11. Now Sony will have to go and I'm glad as Canon is better and more compact (not too small). What I don't like about Sony is the hard drive, still decent camcorder though. The main advantage I guess is viewfinder.

Anyway I'll be happy Canon user now (I have SLR camera as well)

Cheers for headsup!:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom