Canon HF G10 or Panasonic HS900

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by JamesP1701, Dec 27, 2011.

1. JamesP1701

JamesP1701

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +438
    Hello all,

I am having difficulty choosing between these two HD cameras. I currently have a Panasonic HS20 which I've always been a bit disappointed in.

I'm looking for a top of the range consumer camcorder, oine that will be decent in low light. My wife and I put on a lot of shows and really we want something that we can put at the back, pointing at the stage as a visual record, not to mention an excellent camera for everyday use.

Can anyone offer any thoughts?

Much obliged,

James

2. chrishull3

chrishull3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +276
    From all i have heard the G10 and its bigger brothers XA10 ETC have the best low light perfomance of any camcorders,they also have great colour,resolution wise in 50P mode the pana would be be a bit sharper but that resolution can only be used with an i player as BLU RAY will not play 50P,its a pitty you cant find a XA10 in the sales that you can afford that would be a clear winner,of the other 2 you way up the pros and cons also read tests on camcorder info.com