Canon Fs200 vs. JVC Ms120

amitairos

Standard Member
Hi!
I'm trying to decide between the two camcroders: the Canon Fs200 and the JVC Ms120.
Without going into price, which one would you say is better?
I think the Canon has more features, but how is the video quality? I read it has a different sensor than the FS21.
How does the Canon Fs200 and the JVC Ms120's video quality compare?

I'd really appreciate any help.
Thanks a lot!

A n d r e w

Novice Member
Both the FS200 and the MS120 have a single 1/6-inch CCD sensor, so expect both to give about the same quality video (= good in good light, not so good in poor light). If it were me, I'd go for the Canon.

amitairos

Standard Member
Thanks. I know they have th same sensor, but in the specs the Canon Fs200 has 680,000 pixels, while the JVC Ms120 has 800K-pixels. What does this mean? Is there a big difference? Can I get the Canon safely, or is it lesser quality than the JVC?

A n d r e w

Novice Member
The difference between 0.8 megapixels (the JVC) and 0.68 megapixels (the Canon) will only be noticeable, if at all, in still images. Standard definition video is less than half a megapixel in resolution (720 pixels by 576 pixels for PAL). In fact, the fewer photo-sites on the Canon sensor might actually make it perform slightly better than the JVC in lower light, as cramming more photo-sites (pixels) onto a sensor generally makes it more noisy in low light.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom