Canon for £150?

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by mark_hammo, May 4, 2007.

1. mark_hammo

mark_hammo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all.

Would appreciate a bit of advice. I am considering a new camcorder as I look to convert to the digital age (sony handicam - immaculate condition, used about 10 times which I will now ditch). Don't want to spend a lot of money (about £150-£200) and was offered a Canon MVX1S for under £150. Anyone any views on this camcorder - it seems good for the price.

Thanks in advance.

Mark

2. redsox_mark

redsox_mark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +620
    MVX1S isn't a current model.. but it's a nice little cam and a bargin for £150. It's got a decent sized sensor (just over 1/4"), as opposed to the current MD101/MD160 which are 1/6".

3. mark_hammo

mark_hammo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers mate.

I saw it also has CCD at 2.2mp as oppose to most other models in the same price range at 0.8mp. I assume this makes a differnce in image quality.

Mark

4. redsox_mark

redsox_mark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +620
    The extra MP only matter for stills. The reason being that video has a fixed resolution of 720x576 (for standard definition). If you do the maths that comes out to be around 0.4 MP. A 0.8 MP sensor is more than enough... adding more MP doesn't help the video quality.