• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

Canon EOS 5d MkII UK Pricing

Ian_S

Distinguished Member
OK, we all know the SRP is a somewhat optimistic £2299... and the major photographic chains are trying to get your to pre-order at that price. :(

But, some sensible pricing is emerging, so hopefully this isn't against forum rules.

JustCanon.com £1949 + free 8GB card
Dabs.com £1960
RBG Tech £1799

So, £1799 is more like it I would say given the pricing of the D700 and (assuming the 5DMkII IQ delivers) the fact that each camera has something the other doesn't...

Question is will it spark a price competition between the two, and will Sony join in? Will the pre-order price drop any lower?

At £1799 does the MkII become more attractive than a MkI?

Tobers

£1799 sounds like a much more sensible price if you ask me. The 5D was not a lot cheaper than that a few months ago. I think it makes it a rather attractive camera at that price.

springtide

Distinguished Member
OK, we all know the SRP is a somewhat optimistic £2299... and the major photographic chains are trying to get your to pre-order at that price. :(

But, some sensible pricing is emerging, so hopefully this isn't against forum rules.

JustCanon.com £1949 + free 8GB card
Dabs.com £1960
RBG Tech £1799

So, £1799 is more like it I would say given the pricing of the D700 and (assuming the 5DMkII IQ delivers) the fact that each camera has something the other doesn't...

Question is will it spark a price competition between the two, and will Sony join in? Will the pre-order price drop any lower?

At £1799 does the MkII become more attractive than a MkI?

The A900 (list £2100) has dropped in price to around £1840 at a few places (Devon cameras, Camera World), but I don't think it's selling that well as most shops seem to have stock.

I see the Nikon D700 is down to £1640 at Camera World.

I wonder with the credit crunch, whether we'll see <£1500 for these by Xmas.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom