Canon EOS 550D from buyacamera.co.uk

saintoid

Standard Member
Hi Folks, newish member here.

I was just wondering if anyone had any experience of buying fron buyacamera.co.uk, I am thinking of buying their Twin Lens Kit package which consists of the Canon EOS 550D with 18-55mm IS Lens plus 55-250mm IS lens. The price comes in at £764.99 plus £6.99 delivery.

Also in terms of using the camera for HD Video, is it essential to invest in one for the faster Memory Cards, I was thinking of the Sandisk Extreme SDHC Up to 20MB/s, Class 6.

Thanks in advance for any help provided.:lease:

Jammyb

Only £20 or so cheaper than buying the 2 items seperately from reputable sources, not sure it's such a great deal.

Wouldn't bother with sandisk extreme but a Transcend class 10 will be more than upto the task.

saintoid

Standard Member
Only £20 or so cheaper than buying the 2 items seperately from reputable sources, not sure it's such a great deal.

Wouldn't bother with sandisk extreme but a Transcend class 10 will be more than upto the task.
Thanks for the Input JammyB, why do you say not to bother with the Sandisk and opt for the Transcend class 10.

Also can you suggest a reputable dealer for the card.

Again Thanks in advance.

shotokan101

Distinguished Member
Thanks for the Input JammyB, why do you say not to bother with the Sandisk and opt for the Transcend class 10.

Also can you suggest a reputable dealer for the card.

Again Thanks in advance.
7dayshop.co.uk have cracking prices for the Transcend Class10 SDHC card :smashin: - and Transcend are a "Big Name" in their own right and have very reliable memory cards - I use several myself in both CF and SD/SDHC format without issue.

Jim

shotokan101

Distinguished Member
Thanks, just ordered a 16GB for £16.79, prices are great as you say.:thumbsup:
Yeah some cracking prices - 3rd part batteries too for less than a tenner ;) and great prices on rechargeables as well.

You won't be disappointed with the transcend card :smashin:

Jim

abbo

I have used buyacamera with no problems at all, Uk item (Nikon) arrived next day.

lunar524

There is a new 550d being sold in the classified on here. Purchased this month from John Lewis, with full Uk warranty. and full receipt. May be worth checking out.

It may work out cheaper just buying the 55-250mm off ebay, or perhaps someone on here may be selling one.

Apologies in advance to Mods if my mentioning the classifieds in here is in-appropiate, in which case I'll delete it.
and NO it's not me selling it..:laugh:

Last edited:
Top Bottom