Canon Eos 450D

Discussion in 'Photo Sharing' started by J4CK DANIELS, Feb 2, 2009.

1. J4CK DANIELS

J4CK DANIELS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +231
    I think it's just me but I don't seem to be able to get REALLY sharp photos no matter how/what i do with the focus (AF or MF, use a tripod etc..) I'm using the 'standard' canon lenses... i know the L series are really good but HOW MUCH better are they really!?... here are a few of my efforts but i'm quite sure that in the right hands they could be better.

Thanks for any advice guys,

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3527/3247240495_3bb905935e_b.jpg
    [​IMG]

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3444/3247240487_b8b94b762e_b.jpg
    [​IMG]

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3268/3247169536_e9df121c14_b.jpg
    [​IMG]

This one is particulary a good (bad!) example... the bird was still, i used a tripod, all the AF points seemed OK... what went wrong!?! grrrrrrr!!

Last edited: Feb 2, 2009
  2. paulyoung666

paulyoung666
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,841
    are you using multipoint af ??? , i was and struggled , since i went to the single centrepoint my results are far better , but , i am not sure what you are seeing wrong in those shots , they seem fine to me , the landscape could maybe have done with a smaller aperture to get greater depth of field , apart from that i see little wrong , mind you i am a dslr expert of 1 months standing , so you might want to wait for a more expert opinion :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

edit -- the rabbit is uber cute btw :)

Last edited: Feb 2, 2009
  3. Zone

Zone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,632
    Moving to Photo Sharing

Can I also kindly ask you to make sure all images posted (embedded) are under 300KB in size, also the sticky at the top of this forum maybe of interest to bypass the forums rescaling software :)

4. J4CK DANIELS

J4CK DANIELS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +231
    Hi Paul, thanks for the comment, i think that the trick may be in getting REALLY close to retain the sharpness and perhaps i'm expecting too much on a subjects that are cropped afterall... the images always look good until I zoom in (up to 100% of course) then they just don't look very sharp. I AM using multi focal points so i'll have a go with the single centre point as you suggested. still trying to get the hang of all the settings and terminology myself but i see what you mean about a greater depth of field... (maybe i'm also making excuses here but I also find the LCD screen although quite large on the Cannon just doesn't give me an idea of what i've shot unless I view it on my PC)

Thanks again.

P.S the bunny's name is Gerrard (the missus is a Liverpool fan!!! :rolleyes: )

5. paulyoung666

paulyoung666
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,841

i find also the 1000d lcd screen is not a lot of use to see if the shot i have taken is any good , so , i use it to get an idea if i am over or underexposing too much and then fire off loads of shots at different settings , to me that is the beauty of dslr , plug into a computer and discard the rubbish , i used to be into film slr 20 years ago and i lost interest for the very reason i have just mentioned , its all a learning curve , albeit a steep one :eek: :rotfl: