wobblebottom

Established Member
Reaction score
* Now
£399.97
* 399 Clubcard points
* Save £100.00
* Tesco Electrical Cover for 3 years for £64.97
* Plus £50 cashback available by redemption www.canon-europe.com/2007 promotions for details

ou can still use the £5 off £10 spend voucher TDXR-DSJNNT from Tesco Direct and use collect at store option to avoid delivery cost (if you have a local participating store)

plus this code.. £5 off first order = TDX-D34

Do you think these are valid for the cashback?
They have to be bought through official channels - it's hard to say with Tesco.
It's still the best price though - even without the cashback.

EDIT: After finally getting the site, it mentions the cashback on there so big thumbs up!

Done - bought.
It's very funny - in my other firefox tab, I've got a new post I was going to make about how I couldn't decide between the 400D and the D80 even though I've handled them both, etc.
Funny how £70 saving will change a person's mind :D
The main reason it changed my mind is because they go for about £350 s/h so I figure I wont lose much if I don't get on with it.

Thanks very much for the heads-up

jesus thats a good price

i think you can get 3% cashback via quidco as well and i'm sure there will be a discount code out there for tescos for another £10 or something off

400D plus kit lens for £350

people get buying!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im gutted... I just spalshed out on my compact last week after my F5600 went daft.. I wish I had the dosh now..

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Is this a pretty useful camera for the money then?

I'm just trying to decide about which DSLR to buy. Been given a few options, like this one, D40, D50 etc.

There's nothing like it for the money.
The D40 and D50 are great cameras but they are only 6MP and the D40 doesn't let you auto-focus with anything other than Nikon AF-S lenses which is a bit of a shame.
Basically it's a toss up between the 400D and the Nikon D80 - so obviously this is almost half the price. I have to say though I much prefer the Nikon build and materials.
Ultimately I wouldn't decide on price alone, but I was competely torn between the two - so this additional £70 off (still about £50 cheaper than the cheapest from Hong Kong!) is what swung it for me.

Take a look at http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canoneos400d/ and also have a look at some of the results with this camera in the scottish meet thread (cameras mentioned in people's sigs).

Hope that helps
tt

I've just had a horrible thought - hope it doesn't arrive in silver! arghh!

I've just had a horrible thought - hope it doesn't arrive in silver! arghh!

Copy/Print out the website, it clearly shows a black body. If they deliver anything else then you can always return it as not as advertised...

I've done this already - in case Canon refuse the cashback offer - so I can take it up with Tesco. Saved it out as HTML and screengrabbed it :)
Hopefully there'll be no problem.
I don't like the idea of cutting up the boxes though to get the postcodes off them :(

Wow would cost me £314 after staff discount wonder what the wife would say if i orderd it

Is this a pretty useful camera for the money then?

I'm just trying to decide about which DSLR to buy. Been given a few options, like this one, D40, D50 etc.

it's a fantastic camera and it's even more fantastic at £350 with the cashback.

click click BUY!

hmmmmm buy a few for ebay :D

Canon only do 1 cashback per customer - although I suppose there's nothing stopping you using friends, etc

It's not showing up on the Tesco Direct web site.

Has it been removed?

Fool! I didn't notice the SLR Cameras and was looking at just digital.

That is a bargain wish i had waited a few weeks now :(

Might just buy one and wait for offer to go and sell mine on e-bay :)

Without the offer around what does a 4 week old 400d with lens kit make?

That is a bargain wish i had waited a few weeks now :(

don't we all!

although i bought jessops vouchers on ebay and saved £100 that way and got them to price match cameras2u

didn't expect the 400d to come down to this price so soon, although the offer says it ends on 11th april

Excellent. :smashin:

Just bought one for my husband.

Cost £305 (Staff discount/£50 cashback/£5 off Tesco Direct voucher).

Umu

All done and dusted had to use the wifes card but good thing is she dident mind:thumbsup:

Blimey - what a cracking deal for a great camera. Of course this will hit 2nd hand prices of the 400D as well as the 350D. But if you're in the market right now, the price is superb.

Now, if only they'd do it for the 5D!

The £50 cashback - is this to claim back from Cannon once the camera has been purchased?

Almost ready to got for this!
I guess this is much better than a D40 and D50 and from what I can tell is on a par with the D80. But this cam is much cheaper.

Can someone give me some info re the lens. I'm a total beginner when it comes to this. Would I need to buy any additional lenses to start off with, or should this one be good to keep me going for a while? I'm going to Brazil on the 19th for 6 weeks and am hoping to get some awesome shots with my new cam. :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom