Canon Eos 300D Over Exposure

dwbeattie

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I hope there is someone out there that can help me before I give in an send my camera for repair.

I have a Canon Eos 300D and on automatic mode the shots during the day are very over exposed.

I have reset the camera to defaults and also cleared all of the custom settings, however none of these have made a difference.

I have also played around with the ISO setting and the higher the setting the worse the exposure however leaving it on 100 they are still over exposed.

Any help with this would be much appreciated as I am sure this is a setting and not a fault?

Thanks in advance for your help

You should check that the exposure compensation is at 0. Hold down the A/V button and roll the dial until the ticker on the -2..-1..0..1..2 scale in the view finder is under the zero.

However, having cleared everything to defaults I thin the most likely culprit is a faulty meter.

An image with exif may show if there is a setting issue or not.

...also have you tried a different lens and how are shots taken with flash ?

JIm

Thanks for the quick info.
Unfortunately I have checked and the settings suggested are correct. The lens is fine when using the camera in different modes, it is only the automatic mode that seems to be the problem.

Take two shots of the same subject - one in full auto and the second in say aperture priority and upload to someplace like Flickr - post links to the images and we can check the EXIF info to see how each has been metered.

Jim

Im not sure of a permanent fix but I would use "P" instead of Auto anyway,
It has all the advantages and more. the ont disadvantage is if you change a setting and forget to reset it but that wil become apparent after a few shots..:)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom