1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Canon EOS 20D: I have the best wife!

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by IanW, Oct 30, 2005.

1. IanW

IanW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +145
    Bought a Canon EOS 5 a number of years back and absolutely loved it! :thumbsup: But what I did not like was the shooting slides, sending them off and being concious of cost when taking pictures. In order to get my pics onto PC I bought a Minolta Film Scanner; this achieved my goal of getting the pictures onto the PC, but oh my god, how painful and time consuming was all this.

So Canon started producing DSLR, but I was never happy with the spec and price compared to my EOS 5. Lately I have been thinking about the 350D but my heart was really yearning for the 20D as this is almost like for like in functionality with the EOS 5. So in we go to Jessops yesterday and after a lot of time with the guy behind the counter and looking at the 350D and 20D my wife decided to buy me the 20D for my birthday. :clap: :thumbsup: Got it for £844 with the 18-55 USM lens and 256mb CF card. I am sure that I could have got it a little cheaper on line, but my morals state that if I get the benefit of making my choice by using a high street store, then they should get the sale. :lesson:

Unfortunately the were out of stock, but my baby should be coming in this week. Cannot wait to start shooting! :cool:

Ian.

2. Iain Shields

Iain Shields

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
  3. IanW

IanW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +145
    Iain,

Cheers. I did know about the Cashback, the £844 will be including the cashback.

Ian.

4. Iain Shields

Iain Shields

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Oh well, could've made your day... now it just comes over like those pair of socks you didn't need :devil: :D

Anyway... congrats on the camera, that's some birthday present!!!

Regards,
    Iain.

5. lyngarth

lyngarth
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    If you loved the Eos 5 the 20d will be just right for you. I use my 20d for doing weddings but still take along my go old 5 for a back up and for takeing slide's, as I still say a slide blown up is still far better than anything my 20d can do.

Lyngarth

6. Tommy139

Tommy139

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Happy birthday, :beer: :beer: have a beer or two on me before you go and shoot some fantastic photos with your new Canon. :)

7. IanW

IanW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +145
    The timing is perfect, get the camera this week, then we are off to the lake district for a long weekend on my Birthday (11th). :cool: The wife has insisted that I have a play with the camera before we go as she does not want me faffing around try to work out how it works whilst we are out! :lesson: :clap:

But in reality knowing my luck it will be raining! :lease:

I am interested by your comment about blowing up. How big have you guys tried blowing up to, and where did you get this done?

Ian.

8. simonprelude

simonprelude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Congratulations.

Also just upgraded to one of these, I can highly recommend the 70-210 IS USM lens also, however you may well also have lenses from your EOS5 that you could use ??

9. Wannabe-THX

Wannabe-THX
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have the 20D and very happy with it, now you just need to get some nice new leses with IS. ;)

Fish

10. IanW

IanW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +145
    I will be getting the Canon USM 18-55mm lens with the camera, I also have two Sigma EX lens from the EOS 5, a 17-35mm and 50-200mm.

I am really undecided about selling the EOS 5, I might put a good reserve price on eBay for the body, vertical grip, 540EZ speedlite flash and 17-35mm lens see if it will sell as a kit?

I got my 2GB 100x CF card through today from www.emartbuy.com , paid around £91 inc p&p, thought this was not too bad?

Just waiting for the Camera now, should be anytime soon. . . . . .

Ian.

11. wbessada

wbessada

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Ian, Congrats on the 20D! What would you want for the 17-35 lens? I may be interested. May also be interested in the flash too.

Thanks,
    William