Question canon EOS 1D mk2 Repair Costs

killie77

Hi
Did a stupid thing last week and tried to clean the Fresnel Viewfinder ,i think thats what it's called. Anyway I attempted to remove the screen to clean it. My mistake was not using the special tool that Canon has for the process. I used a small screwdriver to release the screen this then lead to the small piece of metal which holds the lens in place in breaking off. Now the screen is attached but hanging down. I brought it to a small camera repair shop in Glasgow, Was told the Parts were not that expensive but the repair involved stripping the camera down to remove and replace the parts.
Which with the parts would come to £210. I'm thinking I might sell the Camera Body on for parts.
Does anyone know offhand what the body would be worth with the repairs and parts needed.
Thanks
Ian

Astaroth

Looking on eBay fully working ones are selling between £200-£300. There was only one successful one sold for parts and it went for £60, didn't look at the fault

killie77

Thanks for the reply :lesson:
I'm going to bite the Bullet and stick it on eBay this weekend. I'll take whatever I can get for it.
Expensive mistake on my part. One I hope never to repeat.
Thanks
Ian

Top Bottom