canon eos 1d mk2 n old hat or good for a while

rigs

Hi,made an impulse buy last week from the Canon refurbished outlet on ebay,arrived today and looks totally new and it was a good price ,not yet used it but had a play,seems beautifull to me and have fallen in love with it,BUT it comes with a 7 day no quibble money back,and where it is only 8.2 mp im just wondering if this will last me a while or whether id be better off buying a D300+grip for around the same money,just dont want my heart to rule my head and never had pro model before,thanks for any advise,Rigs:rolleyes:

craigizmo2k2

I believe the EOS 1D MK 2 is quite a fast shooter?

I would rather have a 1D over a 350D any day to be honest mate. If you fancy a trade - give us a shout :D

The EOS 1D is aimed primarily at Professional shooters, but I don't know what the actual differences are.

rigs

Thanks for the advice,it shoots 8.5 fps and i meant a Nikon D300 not a 350d. Cheers ,any more comments?

allymac123

What do you shoot? Do you have any lenses? What do you do with your photos? Do you print out bigger than 15"? Are you a pro? What features made you purchase the 1dn Mk II?

rigs

Hi,generaly shoot anything,landscapes,sports,buildings but not portraits or any interior,just have a few nikon cheaper lens,definatley not a pro just really enjoy it.like the feeling of the pro body but didnt want to spend 3big ones!paid half that and im sure camera is brand new,just want to make sure this is still a very good camera,realizing it is an older model,thanks

allymac123

Before the release of the 1D MIII I think this was the body for sports/paperazzi photographers.

If it was me in your situation though I would be giving the D300 some serious consideration. I'm not really up on its specs but it will have 2years of newer technology behind it. At the end of the day its still a great camera.

BobBob21

The 1D mk IIN was the previous body of choice but according to reviews the differences betweek the mk II and mk IIN were not that great.

It isnt the latest technology but it is an exceptional camera and I assume you paid a good price for it. As to the number of megapixles... how large are you intending to display pictures/ how much are you anticipating needing to crop that 8mp isnt going to be sufficient?

Tobers

Wow - I think you'll really enjoy that camera. It should last you for years. Dont worry about the megapixel count - they produce stunning images, and of course are excellent for sport and anything fast moving.

I'm jealous!!

Tobers

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom