Canon EFS60mm f/2.8 macro usm, any tips?

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by jay mc, Jun 14, 2009.

1. jay mc

jay mc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +174
    I bought this lense today from a local comets at £199 witch seemed to me to be a very good price. Was up for £250 as last one but tryed my luck.

Id be intrested in hearing from people using this lense and any tips on how to get the best from it with a 1000D with only the onboard flash being avalibal. Any tips on a good flash to buy to go with it though would be great.

I try and post some pics latter, seem to be having hell with xp home on the new lap top at the moment to post any.

Thanks in advance:D

2. denno75uk

denno75uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +574
    I've no experience of this lens, but have found this review at photozone.de and based on that, it seems you've got a cracking lens.
    I guess now it's just a case of looking for general macro threads here and info on other sites. Generally though, it seems people here recommend either available light if you can or a dedicated flash unit. On board flash seems to be a bit of a compromise I think.

Here's some good info on focus stacking and this is a decent article on macro from photo.net

Apologies if you've already found this info.

3. jay mc

jay mc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +174
    Thanks for the reply and links, will have a good read tonight:D
    A flash gun is next on the to buy list but going to have to wait a couple of months now, well over done it this month.
    Went out with it today and got a few better pics compared to yesterday so going the right way.