1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Canon Dv Camera problem

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by StoneCold, May 30, 2004.

1. StoneCold

StoneCold

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I'm having trouble with my new Canon Dv Camera. When I try to play back footage in VCR mode nothing happens, I have tried several DV Tapes but still nothing plays. I know that I have recorded on the DV tapes as i have watched them before so I am unsure what is happening. Also the time code doesn't appear on any of the tapes when I try to play them. Does anyone have an idea what the problem could be? Please help?

Simon. :confused: :suicide: :(

2. Dan Smiffy

Dan Smiffy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    a) You're in the wrong forum! ;)
    b) Perhaps the VCR heads in your camera are either broken or not aligned correctly? All I can suggest is you try recording some footage (some noisy bloody workmen perhaps, like the sods working on the railway beneath my window right now at 3:30am MEANING I CANNOT SLEEP!) and see if it plays on 1) your own camera and 2) another camcorder or DV deck. If your machine cannot read a TC correctly off a "foreign" tape but is able to read footage you yourself have recorded, or if footage you record shows up on another machine when played but not your own, that suggests... Actually I dunno what it'd suggest! But it'd def. be bad news. I have two Canons (a bottom-of-the-range MV500i plus an XL1) and both are able to read tapes the other has recorded, as well as tapes my old Sony recorded onto. If you're in London and you want to you can do some tests with my stuff?

Dan