Canon DC230 Camcorder Recording Problem

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by cool4cats, Jan 6, 2012.

1. cool4cats

cool4cats
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Please can someone help me?

I have a Canon DC230 camcorder and have only used it a few times since new.

It's been working fine up until a few days ago, now when I record a video and play it back I can hear very loudly the sound of the mini disc rotating ... it sounds like crickets in the background and is really annoying!

I don't understand why this has suddenly started to happen, I've never had a problem with it before ... all my recordings have been perfect without any sound of the disc being recorded on the sound track.

I would greatly appreciate it if someone could tell me what the reason for this is.

I have used a DVD lens cleaner disc and it's not made any difference.

TIA

Gill

2. chrishull3

chrishull3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +276

3. cool4cats

cool4cats
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your reply.

The discs I'm using are the same discs I've used before and they worked fine then. I've also tried a different brand of disc and have the same problem.

I may have to send it to a repair centre as you suggested, it depends on the cost of course.

4. 12harry

12harry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +372
    Way off ideas=
    1) leave it running until the battery is exhausted, maybe it needs to free-up the bearing.
    2) charge the battery fully(or new one) and try again, it may be lack of power is affecting things.
    3) leave it to record a radio/TV and then check "noise" - it may be in the past you had a stronger audio, so it wasn't as obvious.
    4) put some silicon sealant on the drive shaft - that might silence it - next you have to work-out a permanent "fix"

As so often the case, it's not "what you do" - rather it's "how" . . . . . Good Luck.

5. chrishull3

chrishull3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +276
    Oh so assuming you have given it a prolonged test in quiet surroundings where noise can heard easily you have to decide whether to try any minor repairs before a repair centre,dont risk doing more damage though.