Canon D30 - used values - possible upgrade to 10D?

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by simon1967, Nov 20, 2003.

1. simon1967

simon1967

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Had my D30 and have been really happy with it. Without question, it (along with my iPod), has been the most used gadget in recent times but I am tinkering with the idea of upgrading to a 10D.

What is the best place to get rid of these and how much is a realistic price to ask?
    Is it worth doing a part exchange or am I better off advertising on these forums or ebay?
    How much success have people been on these forums and ebay selling digital cameras like the D30/D60?

BTW, it is in good condition with all the original stuff.

Thanks in advance

simon

2. wilber

wilber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Park Cameras web site gives prices for part exchange on some of their stuff, but usually dealers don't offer a good price. Ebay is a better bet IMHO - I recently sold an Oly E10 for over £100 more than I thought it was worth :)

3. simon1967

simon1967

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Just spent the afternoon looking at ebay prices and also got a quote from Jessops (where I originally bought mine). What a shocker - Jessops offerred about £270 - if I had everything in absolutely perfect condition. £2000 to £270 in 18 months - quite a depreciation hit. I knew it wouldn't be worth anywhere near what I paid for it but even so....:eek:

Ebay was better news with them about £400 upwards so I'll keep an eye on them and see what they finally sell for. BTW, what do ebay charge to sell things?

4. wilber

wilber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Ebay - initial charge will be a couple of pounds final charge say £10 on your likely final price - if you allow paypal that's going to be about £12 - £15

5. tomson

tomson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +186
    I was in Jessops yesterday looking at a used D30 - it was priced at £650 but were offering it for £599. Thats a fair old profit they're making on them if they get them in for under 300 :eek:
    A few other places I went into said they sold for about 500. I eventually bought a body and battery, just serviced by Canon with a 6 month guarantee for 350quid.

I've watched a few go on ebay for about 440 - 460 recently and it seems theres still a fairly good market for these with people wanting a cheap way into dSLR photography.