Canon cashback

salubrious_k

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I sent off a cashback claim on December 27th, and I haven't yet heard anything back from Canon. Apparently they send you an email when they receive the claim. Should I start worrying?

I've tried entering my claim ID into the submissionstatus.com website but it can't seem to recognise the id (although it would seem the id I was given was in a very different format to what they expect)

I don't recall getting an email on the previous cashback offers. Though I didn't know you could even track anything.

I wouldn't start worrying yet though. You have to submit before mid Feb so it presumably is just them being slow as they have so many to get through. My previous cashback submissions took quite some time before I got any money. That was only partially due to me not seeing the letter they sent me for 2 months *cough*.

I had this last year and i actually phoned them to say i have not recieved the offer,they took my details and said they had received it and about a week later i got the cheque through,so i would phone them to hurry them up.

Hah! I've tried phoning twice, and both times I've given up after 10 minutes of holding music.

I guess I should leave it another week or two and then I'll chase them up. Thanks for the advice!

I can't recall ever having got emails on the 2 cashbacks that i have done in the past. IIRC, the cash just turned up in my account about a month after.

I think I've only received 2 emails pointing to the submissionstatus website from 4 cashback claims.

Try to relax, it usually takes at least 3-4 weeks to process, given the time of year their current turnaround may be longer

I sent a form back to them in november, they sent me an email on 16th Jan

Thank you for participating in the EOS 20th Anniversary Cash Back
Promotion. We received your request on 1/16/2008 and your application is
now being processed.

If you do not receive your cashback within 20 days please log on to check
your request at www.submissionstatus.com using the following details:

And they details I use are not reconizged. the last couple of weeks emails have gone to their customer service dept. No reply at all

£100 these cowboys owe me.

I've never been able to log in to that submissionstatus website. But I was paid my £90 at the beginning of February (after sending off my claim at the end of December).

They didn't notify me that they'd paid me, I just noticed the payment appear on my bank statement. Maybe it's best to check that first just in case (unless of course you asked them to send you a cheque)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom