• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Canon batteries

scragend

Standard Member
I have a Canon Powershot G2 digital stills camera, which uses a BP 511 battery.

I am considering also getting a Canon MV700i camcorder, which can take various BP batteries (they just clip on the back).

My question is, how many of these are interchangeable in the G2, i.e. are the same size, and will the camera accept them? I know the bigger batteries (such as the BP 535) wouldn't fit, but would the BP 514 fit, for example? Would the G2 recognise it, and how much longer life could I expect?

Thanks

Johndm

scragend said:
I have a Canon Powershot G2 digital stills camera, which uses a BP 511 battery.

I am considering also getting a Canon MV700i camcorder, which can take various BP batteries (they just clip on the back).

My question is, how many of these are interchangeable in the G2, i.e. are the same size, and will the camera accept them? I know the bigger batteries (such as the BP 535) wouldn't fit, but would the BP 514 fit, for example? Would the G2 recognise it, and how much longer life could I expect?

Thanks

BP511 & BP512 will fit your G2.

I have the MV750 camcorder and 300D SLR, and have 6 of the above which will power either.

Got one of the bigger BP 535's for the camcorder, but to be honest its just too damm big.....makes the camcorder arkward to use.

Stick with the smaller ones, you still get pretty good batt life.
Not 100% sure about the 514. Is that the 20D batt? If so, that should be fine too

mr jones

Johndm said:
BP511 & BP512 will fit your G2.

I have the MV750 camcorder and 300D SLR, and have 6 of the above which will power either.

Got one of the bigger BP 535's for the camcorder, but to be honest its just too damm big.....makes the camcorder arkward to use.

Stick with the smaller ones, you still get pretty good batt life.
Not 100% sure about the 514. Is that the 20D batt? If so, that should be fine too
20D uses the BP-511a battery pack

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom