1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Canon A75/A80/a85 v Nikon 3200 v Casio QVr41

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by la guitars, Sep 14, 2004.

1. la guitars

la guitars

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm in the market for a camera upto £170. i'm looking for 3m pixs and a optical zoom. movie mode with sound would also be nice feature.

camera should be able to take a quick snap or be manually adjusted if needed.

I've shortlisted above cameras..

Am i on the right tracks ? - also noticed Ixus11s for £165.

2. Johnnypanic

Johnnypanic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Have a Canon PS A80 and I am more than happy with it.

Takes excellent pictures and has a host of manually adjustable features.

Highly recommended.

Johnnypanic

3. mandlebrot

mandlebrot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm totally biased in favour of the Canon PowerShot A80 has I recently bought one and think its the dogs dangles :D

4. andy572

andy572
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    If manual options are required, then I'll have to be boring too! Canon! :rotfl:

Wanting a 'quick', portable alternative to my SLR, whilst wanting the chance to have SLR-like options with my snapping, earlier this year I found the Canon 'A' range to best fit those needs.

I still like my SLR, but my back and shoulders sure are grateful! :(

However, if at all possible, it's a good idea to check how these manual functions are accessed. At least with the A60/70/80, there are one or two 'layers' of options, should settings be made via the manual route - which, I suppose, some may consider 'unwieldy'. Having said that, though I do use and experiment with both the manual and 'auto' methods, I find myself rarely having to use manual settings (and far less than expected). When I have a little more time for shooting and/or need the flexibility, I'm certainly glad that they're there, though :smashin:

For what it's worth (don't you just love half-baked anecdotes...? :D ), I bought the same camera on behalf of a friend. She's full of praise for it, too. Er, bye then!

Happy snapping!

5. stevegreen

stevegreen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +984
    I've had some fun with my A80 and it's a great camera for messing about with too with all the extra settings that can be used. Hoping to upgrade to an A95 today though :D