Canon A620

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by Mwillo, Mar 23, 2006.

1. Mwillo

Mwillo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I am thinking of getting a Canon A620 Digital Camera.

and was just wondering if anyone has either got one or had a play with one..

pretty much all the reviews i have read have given it a good score however one of the things i am interested in is the battery life..

the main thing i am looking for is a camera that my wife can pick up and use with no problems and somthing for me to get my teeth into and hopefully use as a starting point to learn how to take a decent photo.

mark

2. mike7

mike7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +618
    I've just bought a Canon A610.It's exactly the same as the 620, but only 5 megapixels. As I only intend to take album size photos. My Canon A40 did a good job, and that was only a 2 meg camera. The 610 has the cabability of 'point and shoot', but also the flexibility of full manual control if you want to be adventurous. It takes 4AA size batteries. I found these lasted ages in my older camera,even when I used re-chargables. I am hoping the 610 is the same.

I bought the 610 from Amazon for £165 - new. You might like to ask yourself if paying another £100, I believe the going rate for 620 is near £250, is really worth the expense. So far I'm very pleased with the camera and am taking on holiday next week to give it a full workout.My only gripe is that Canon seem to have limited their instruction booklet to a small, very basic affair. Its a combined 610/620 booklet. If you want the full works (610/620 again) then you have to run the CD on your computer. Not very convenient when you are on the move, but it is 139 pages long. Incidently I bought a 512MB SD card through Amazon as well - £20.22 including postage

3. Mwillo

Mwillo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Thanx

I have found the camera for £187.99

From savastore.com

http://www.savastore.com/productinf...=Savastore&product_id=10283677&pid=45&tid=279

mark

4. mike7

mike7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +618
  5. Mwillo

Mwillo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    it just goes to show how much can be saved by buying from the internet..

some poor sod who dos'nt know any better will go to argos buy the same camera, a memory card and case and could spend close to £400..

mark