1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Canon A60 or Nikon Coolpix 2100?

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by DrBogenbroom, Dec 7, 2003.

1. DrBogenbroom

DrBogenbroom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nearly made a choice (only taken me 2 weeks!).
    Stuck for choice between Canon A60 or Nikon Coolpix 2100?

Which one should I go for?:hiya:

2. harry66

harry66

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    I had a similar choice between A70 and 3100.
    Went for the 3100 as I wanted something a bit more pocketable and lighter.
    I understand that that A60/A70 is more configurable for the enthusiast than the Nikons but I was happy with the settings I can change on the Nikon.

3. somebugger

somebugger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had the same question but after reading all the reviews I've finally decided on the Canon, slightly better reviews, slightly cheaper (130 on Amazon) and a better size for me, have you seen the 2100 in the flesh ? It's tiny.

p.s. try DCVIEWS.COM for reviews.

4. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,393
    Just bought a 2100 today as a Christmas present for my mum.
    She wanted a camera that was small, light and point & shoot only. I spent about 3 hours on the net last night searching for several options and then went into Jessops today to let her try a few with cheapest internet prices in hand. This camera fitted all of her requirements as there were not too many features or buttons to confuse her (her words not mine!).
    IMO this is the way you should choose your camera. You have already done the homework, searching for a camera that fitted your requirements on paper. Now you need to go and actually play with the 2 digicams and see which one feels better to you!

I always recommend Jessops as a retailer as they tend to have good stock, sales staff that know what they are selling (waits for the horror stories to be told!) and they will pricematch any UK internet seller with stock as long as you have their contact details.

Mark.