Canon A60 2MP 3x opt zoom

buns

Ex Member
Reaction score
Im sure the bargain crazed among us have seen this already, but for the benefit of the sunday afternoon bargain hunter, you can get the canon powershot A60 digital camera, which has 2 megapixels and has 3 times optical zoom, for £99.99 including supersaver delivery at amazon.co.uk here .

Whilst not absolutely tiny, it isnt all that big a camera. It is limited by its use of batteries, but with this in mind, i think its pretty good in size. Of course what i like about it being a bit bigger is that there isnt one of those silly little lens arrays. Whilst no authority on cameras, i do know that having a decent lens set up is really invaluable as far as quality is concerned. So despite only being 2MP, i think it works nicely all considered.

Mine was ordered last sunday and arrived yesterday. Very pleasing service from amazon and a very satisfactory buy, recommend it to anyone looking for a camera to play about with whilst not wanting to pay too much or sacrifice quality. Thumbs way up :D

ad

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
It's better that it takes AA's. The only difference between it and the A70 is 1mb. Other then that they are exactly the same camera. Would not want to print pics any bigger then 7x5 though with it being 2mb. But it's worth £99 of anybodys money

well to be honest i havent got a good enough printer anyhow!

ad

you dont have to print Digital camera photos !

Just take your memory card to you nearest developer and tell them to print them.

My nearest one does 100 6x4 prints for £5.

Which turns out to be cheaper than printing them your self, and its on proper photo quality paper and ink systems.

Ive never printed photos on my printer because it costs way too much.

Originally posted by 50/50
you dont have to print Digital camera photos !

Just take your memory card to you nearest developer and tell them to print them.

My nearest one does 100 6x4 prints for £5.

Which turns out to be cheaper than printing them your self, and its on proper photo quality paper and ink systems.

Ive never printed photos on my printer because it costs way too much.

oh i thought it would cost way more than that...... thanks for the info ;)

ad

where can you get 100 for £5.00 this seems like areal bargain

Asda at Pudsey, Leeds are doing 6x4 digital prints for 15p each, 7x5 20p, next size up (can't remember size) 25p.

yes im sure its 100 for £5.

If you live in nottingham, its a small photo developing shop on mapperley plains on woodborough road.

They are excellent quality too. I would say they are slightly better than boots prints.

I believe the cycle time and perhaps focus/shutter lag on the A70 are faster, perhaps because of more internal buffering.

Also the A70 does 640x480 res 15fps AV clips, I think the A60 is half that, again probably due to a larger internal buffer. With a big memory card you can do loads, but still each is limited to 30seconds.

I thought the above two were worth the extra £40 at the time.

The camera works really well, even in dimmly lit lounges trailing a speeding toddler. I particularly like the portrait focus mode and full manual modes, which I think are common between the A60/A70.

cheers,
Rob.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom